[SeaBIOS] [coreboot] seabios feature request : reboot VM or retry boot devices when no valid boot disk is found

Maurits van de Lande M.vandeLande at VDL-Fittings.com
Fri May 11 18:19:05 CEST 2012

>On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 6:28 AM, Maurits van de Lande <M.vandeLande at vdl-fittings.com> wrote:

>> I would prefer to automatically reboot the VM (or retry the boot
>> devices) when no bootable device is found, then when the iSCSI storage
>> is available again the VM can boot normally.
>>
>> (when I manually sent CTRL+ALT+DEL to the VM the system booted normally
>> again)

>It would be an interesting option. Sometimes, for hardware, you really want it to wait with the error message on the screen for a while so you can tell what happened. At the same time, there's nothing more annoying than having it wait forever when you know the hardware finally is ready for a boot ... Perhaps it would be possible to set a reasonable optional timeout and then have it reboot or, better, just redo the hardware scan and try again.

>ron

A reasonable optional timeout and just redo the hardware scan and try again sounds perfect. On a HP Proliant server the system is rebooted after a timeout when no boot device is detected. I don't know which option is better.

When a new bios is available I'll be happy to test it!

Maurits