[SeaBIOS] [coreboot] seabios feature request : reboot VM or retry boot devices when no valid boot disk is found

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Fri May 11 18:07:25 CEST 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 6:28 AM, Maurits van de Lande
<M.vandeLande at vdl-fittings.com> wrote:

> I would prefer to automatically reboot the VM (or retry the boot devices)
> when no bootable device is found, then when the iSCSI storage is available
> again the VM can boot normally.
>
> (when I manually sent CTRL+ALT+DEL to the VM the system booted normaly
> again)

It would be an interesting option. Sometimes, for hardware, you really
want it to wait with the error message on the screen for a while so
you can tell what happened. At the same time, there's nothing more
annoying than having it wait forever when you know the hardware
finally is ready for a boot ... Perhaps it would be possible to set a
reasonable optional timeout and then have it reboot or, better, just
redo the hardware scan and try again.

ron