[SeaBIOS] [Qemu-devel] [BUG] [Seabios] PCI 64bit BARs on Win2008 - unable to start the device. (ACPI lacks the _DSM method)

Alexey Korolev alexey.korolev at endace.com
Mon Dec 5 05:29:13 CET 2011

Hi Gerd,

We have very early prototype of data acquisition device, with quite
large MMIO buffer. It is an emulated device.
We are running the 0.15 release.
0.15 doesn't work correctly with 64bit BARs so I've already added some
hacks to Seabios to let OS to choose the memory region.
Thus you see bar 1, addr 0 in seabios log.
Sorry that I haven't specified all this initially. I just want to make
64bit PCI bar working properly. Linux guests works correctly (except
early versions - not investigated this yet). At the moment I have some
issues with windows which relies on ACPI _CRS.

Thanks,
Alexey