[openfirmware] Disk properites

Abhishek Singh abhishek.singh.kumar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 14:50:38 CEST 2009

Hi to All,

   I am porting minix to OLPC. Currently, I am able to boot minix on
OLPC from a RAM disk. Minix can access the openfirmware services. As
Minix doesn't have USB stack, it needs to use the openfirmware service
routines to access the disk. Using openfirmware services I am able to
read the disk. In order to properly initialize the minix disk device
driver data structures, I need to figure out the size of the disk.

Following are the properties that I can see from openfirmware

ok devalias disk
disk /usb at f,4/disk
ok dev disk
ok .properties
iconname usbdisk
compatible disk
device_type block
name disk

Can anyone please tell me how can I access the size of the disk parameter?

Thanks,
Abhishek