[OpenBIOS] Request to help for Sparc arch - Solaris vm creation.

Programmingkid programmingkidx at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 02:19:09 CET 2016

On Mar 15, 2016, at 5:53 PM, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> On 15/03/16 14:33, Programmingkid wrote:
>
>> I tried to make a sparc32 and a sparc64 binary, but I saw a bunch of errors instead. Just to go past the 'switch-arch' stage, I had to rename sparc32_config.xml to sparc_config.xml. The build system for sparc might need a little fixing.
>
> I've tested this a few days ago in order to test the gcc6 patches for
> Cole and it works fine here? What errors did you see?

I found out the problem I was experiencing was with the $PATH variable. It did not contain the path to my sparc compiler. I would think OpenBIOS would report a missing compiler with a direct message about the issue. Instead it displayed a message that kind of confused me. This:

ERROR: no sparc sparc64 cross-compiler found !

It didn't make sense to me because I was trying to build the 32-bit sparc binary using this command-line:

CROSS_COMPILE=sparc-elf- ./config/scripts/switch-arch sparc32

After fixing the $PATH variable I was able to make the binary.

Maybe this message could be fixed by adding a slash:

ERROR: no sparc/sparc64 cross-compiler found!