[OpenBIOS] Request to help for Sparc arch - Solaris vm creation.

Lsrtej P lsrtej.p at tcs.com
Tue Mar 15 13:22:49 CET 2016

Hi  Openbios team,

First of all I would like to thank you for the contribution to opensource
community which is helping lot of developers like me to progress
professionally.

It would be great if you can help me with the problem I am facing with
using qemu with openbios .

I am trying to create a solaris  environment with sparc architecture  on
an ubuntu 14.04  linux OS with help of qemu-system-sparc .

When I am trying to load a solaris image using this qemu-system-sparc64 i
am getting the following  error message .

When I tried debugging it I found that the openbios-sparc is not installed
in ubuntu machine I am working with .

This qemu-system-sparc64 uses a softlink which points to the directory
/usr/share/qemu/openbios-sparc64 which is not found in the machine .

I am stuck here , I am not sure what should be the contents of the above
directory so that this sparc emulation works good .

I tried to install the openbios from your official  website but failed in
using it along with qemu .

Can you please help me to get out of this situation or suggest me some way
to create a 64 bit sparc solaris environment on linux os .

Thanks in advance :)

Warm Regards,
Tej
and any attachments. Thank you