[OpenBIOS] [PATCHv2 0/6] PCI address and property fixes

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Tue Jan 5 09:13:06 CET 2016

On 04/01/16 21:08, Programmingkid wrote:

>> Correct. For my last test I did this:
>> qemu-system-ppc -hda darwin_x.qcow2 -cdrom darwinppc-801.iso -boot d
>> -bios openbios-qemu.elf.nostrip -net nic,model=rtl8139 -net user -boot d
>> -M mac99
>> The OpenBIOS binary is git master with the v2 patchset applied, while
>> QEMU is git master. I ran all the way through the installer, rebooted,
>> and the Realtek driver loaded on reboot with a valid en0 interface that
>> could ping/ssh to external servers.
> The RTL8139 does work with the Darwin iso file. Didn't even have to install Darwin, just typed 'shell' at the prompt and was able to do some tests. 
> The ioreg command does indicate the NIC is fully loaded. But I could not make the NIC work. 'ping google.com' gives me this error message: "ping: cannot resolve google.com: Unknown host". Telnet didn't work either. It said there was no route to host. I tried both 'telnet google.com' and 'telnet'. I thought the problem might be with DHCP so I tried renewing the lease this way 'sudo ipconfig set en0 DHCP'. It said ipconfig server not active. 

Yeah, this is the bit I struggled with so in the end I ran through the
whole install which was enough to verify that it worked here.



More information about the OpenBIOS mailing list