[OpenBIOS] [PATCHv2 0/6] PCI address and property fixes

Programmingkid programmingkidx at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 22:08:27 CET 2016

On Jan 4, 2016, at 3:29 PM, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> On 04/01/16 20:24, Programmingkid wrote:
>> Are you saying the RTL8139 NIC works on your Darwin setup? If so, how do you test it out? I can only guess you use command-line programs like ftp and ping. 
>> Does this option work for Darwin?
>> -netdev user,id=mynet0 -device rtl8139,netdev=mynet0
>> What are the command-line options you use?
>> I will begin testing using my Darwin iso file.
> Correct. For my last test I did this:
> qemu-system-ppc -hda darwin_x.qcow2 -cdrom darwinppc-801.iso -boot d
> -bios openbios-qemu.elf.nostrip -net nic,model=rtl8139 -net user -boot d
> -M mac99
> The OpenBIOS binary is git master with the v2 patchset applied, while
> QEMU is git master. I ran all the way through the installer, rebooted,
> and the Realtek driver loaded on reboot with a valid en0 interface that
> could ping/ssh to external servers.

The RTL8139 does work with the Darwin iso file. Didn't even have to install Darwin, just typed 'shell' at the prompt and was able to do some tests. 

The ioreg command does indicate the NIC is fully loaded. But I could not make the NIC work. 'ping google.com' gives me this error message: "ping: cannot resolve google.com: Unknown host". Telnet didn't work either. It said there was no route to host. I tried both 'telnet google.com' and 'telnet'. I thought the problem might be with DHCP so I tried renewing the lease this way 'sudo ipconfig set en0 DHCP'. It said ipconfig server not active. 

More information about the OpenBIOS mailing list