[OpenBIOS] usb driver to support usb keyboard

BALATON Zoltan balaton at eik.bme.hu
Fri May 2 22:56:47 CEST 2014

On Fri, 2 May 2014, Tarl Neustaedter wrote:
> Have you looked at Openfirmware's Forth USB driver?

I have now but I'm not fluent in Forth so I'm afraid I cannot adapt that
to OpenBIOS.

On Fri, 2 May 2014, Programmingkid wrote:
> Could you provide a zip file?

Why can't you open the tar.xz file?

> I think I found a way to use the GPLv3 code. According to the licensing
> section at the openfirmware.info site, the license applied to OpenBIOS
> is GPLv2 or later. Here is my source:
> http://www.openfirmware.info/About:License
>
> Here is the the quote from that page:
>
> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
> modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
> as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
> of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
>
> This means we can use the GPLv3 licensed code since it applies to the
> "any later version" clause. If the Grub or SeaBIOS code is good, feel
> free to use it.

But the beginning of the page that is relevant here says:
"OpenBIOS is covered by the General Public License V2."

as well as license and headers in some files I've looked at in the source
don't mention "any later version" so currently it is GPLv2 only in my
understanding so I think it cannot be mixed with GPLv3.

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan