[OpenBIOS] G3Beige OpenFirmware Tree?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.openbios at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Jan 25 10:48:16 CET 2013

Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> On 24/01/13 09:27, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>
>> I've got one of those machines, set up for OS and Linux (i.e. it's a bit
>> fragile and I'd rather not try installing anything else on it). If that
>> sounds useful tell me what to do.
>
> Thanks! I think perhaps a tarball of /proc/device-tree from Linux is
> what I need? There may be a utility to dump the tree from OS X too, but
> I'm not exactly sure what it is.

My OS is 9 (I think), I only use it for transferring control to Linux.
You have off-list mail created as below, note error messages of the type
indicated:

0 2>root at pye-dev-05:/# tar -czf proc_device-tree.tar.gz /proc/device-tree
tar: Removing leading `/' from member names
tar: /proc/device-tree/perch: file changed as we read it
..

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk