[OpenBIOS] G3Beige OpenFirmware Tree?

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Fri Jan 25 17:20:48 CET 2013

On 25/01/13 09:48, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

>> On 24/01/13 09:27, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>>
>>> I've got one of those machines, set up for OS and Linux (i.e. it's a bit
>>> fragile and I'd rather not try installing anything else on it). If that
>>> sounds useful tell me what to do.
>>
>> Thanks! I think perhaps a tarball of /proc/device-tree from Linux is
>> what I need? There may be a utility to dump the tree from OS X too,
>> but I'm not exactly sure what it is.
>
> My OS is 9 (I think), I only use it for transferring control to Linux.
> You have off-list mail created as below, note error messages of the type
> indicated:
>
> 0 2>root at pye-dev-05:/# tar -czf proc_device-tree.tar.gz /proc/device-tree
> tar: Removing leading `/' from member names
> tar: /proc/device-tree/perch: file changed as we read it
> ..
>
> Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for doing this. So I've had a play with PearPC and I can make the
CMD646ATA fail during its start method similar to the way that QEMU does
by commenting out the IDE interface IRQ entry from the "interrupt-map"
property. This seems to support my theory that the problem is related to
interrupt mapping.

Now AIUI g3beige is an "Old World" Mac and so the interrupt information
should be held in the "AAPL,interrupts" property. I've verified that
both QEMU and OpenBIOS calculate the irq_line in the same way (based
upon device id), however I do see that some of the "AAPL,interrupts"
values contain more than one integer. I wonder what this is supposed to
represent?