[OpenBIOS] OpenBOOT builds?

Nathan Kunkee nkunkee42 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 24 00:12:56 CEST 2011

  Hi all,

I've checked out the Sun OpenBOOT code they provided, and gotten a
little lost. I was curious if anyone else has reviewed or built the
firmware?

I've found the two key Makefiles:
./obp/arch/sun4v/ontario/release/Makefile
./tools/Makefile

I figured out that a 'make' from the latter works on building the tools
for constructing the firmware, while the former uses them to build a
firmware image. I've gotten stuck trying to build this since it causes a
SIGSEGV in libc on my Ultra60. Would anyone else be interested if I
start trying to patch it to have debug symbols and use gcc as well as
Oracle Solaris Studio (SUNWpro)?

Nathan