[OpenBIOS] Solaris anyone?

Artyom Tarasenko atar4qemu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 11:30:41 CEST 2011

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 3:55 PM, Mark Cave-Ayland
<mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk> wrote:
> Also don't forget the "set scsi_options" part from Artyom's SPARC/QEMU howto
> here: http://tyom.blogspot.com/2009/12/solaris-under-qemu-how-to.html
>
> I think it may actually be possible to come up with a patch for OpenBIOS so
> that the scsi_options change isn't required - let me know how you get on
> with the above links, and if it all seems to work I'll look at creating the
> patch for you.

I suspect that it's a qemu esp bug. Either Solaris recognizes a wrong
esp chipset version or qemu esp doesn't implement some necessary
features the of the esp version it claims to be. In the later case we
should fix qemu, not OpenBIOS.
If you can find out what Solaris is expecting I would try to implement
it in esp.

--
Regards,
Artyom Tarasenko