[OpenBIOS] PReP PowerPC "emulation"

Andreas Färber andreas.faerber at web.de
Sat Sep 18 11:05:30 CEST 2010

Am 17.09.2010 um 23:57 schrieb Paul Brook:

>> Would anyone be interested in having OHW archived on repo.or.cz, as
>> done for kqemu? I personally only have a v0.4.1 around though, like
>> the above.
>
> While archiving the source may be interesting for historical research,
> I strongly discourage anyone from doing development on OHW.

Didn't want to suggest that either. As Blue has already explained in
greater detail than I could have, it uses "weird hacks" while OpenBIOS
is built on a solid Forth base and has its issues mostly in the QEMU-
and machine-specific initialization code.

I just thought it might be helpful to be able to link to individual
OHW files/lines for reference during a transition to OpenBIOS.

HTE,
Andreas