[OpenBIOS] [RFC] Switch OFMEM to use phys_addr_t for physical addresses

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Sun Nov 7 14:30:03 CET 2010

Andreas Färber wrote:

>> Ah good spot - would FMT_phys_addr_t be a suitable name for this? I'll
>> make the defaults for SPARC64 and PPC the same as those for ucell.
>
> Judging by include/arch/ppc/types.h I'd prefer FMT_physaddrt (without
> the trailing _t that makes it look like a type itself).
> QEMU has TARGET_FMT_plx, so we might use FMT_plx (physical long
> hexadecimal?).

(Looks like our previous emails have crossed)

I can see the argument for renaming the FMT argument to avoid confusion
with proper types, but introducing TARGET_FMT_plx seems a little
excessive. I'm merely sticking with the existing OpenBIOS convention
rather than attempting to change it within the scope of this patch :)

> Would be nice to have their introduction in a separate, preceding patch.

I really can't get too excited about this as I don't see what benefit it
would have over a single commit to implement the type change in this case.