[OpenBIOS] /packages/disk-label, /packages/sun-parts and /packages/misc-files

Laurent Vivier Laurent at Vivier.EU
Fri May 28 17:00:46 CEST 2010

>Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Is there some kind of specification for the above packages or are we
>> free to design the interface as we choose? The reason I ask is that the
>> current interposition order doesn't seem to be particularly logical. At
>> the moment, the order goes like this for a CDROM:
>>
>> cdrom -> deblocker -> disk-label -> (misc-files or sun-parts or pc-parts)
>>
>> But I think it makes more sense to do this:
>>
>> cdrom -> deblocker -> disk-label -> (sun-parts or pc-parts) -> misc-files

Moreover, I think ext2, hfs, hfsplus, iso9660 can be moved to their own packages (as it is done on macintosh new world openfirmware). I have a patch on my disk doing this for ISO9660 (not sure) but it is 7 months old and I don't know if it applies (and works) anymore.

Regards,
Laurent

--
"Tout ce qui est impossible reste à accomplir"    Jules Verne