[OpenBIOS] /packages/disk-label, /packages/sun-parts and /packages/misc-files

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri May 28 16:35:21 CEST 2010

Laurent Vivier wrote:

> In this cas are you able to manage disk with no partition table ?

In my current patch set, if no partition table is found then all I do is
interpose misc-files under disk-label. As long as we bubble back up the
packages methods, no changes are required.

> Could you have a look to "CHRP binding" document, I think it describes some behaviors about this ?

No, this is great! According to p.59 or thereabouts, disk-label
conditionally interposes the filesystem package depending upon what it
finds. This was the main part of the patch I was unsure about. I notice
there is no mention of the sun-parts or pc-parts packages though; does
anyone know where there is a copy of the SPARC platform bindings for
more information?