[OpenBIOS] Tidying up the modules subdirectory

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Sun Mar 7 16:48:23 CET 2010

Hi everyone,

In looking at the modules/ subdirectory, it seems to me that it is
actually serving multiple purposes. Not only does it contain C
implementations for Forth words defined within various extension
packages, but also various random library routines.

I'd like to propose creating a new directory called common/ and moving
any files that don't contain C implementations of package words into
this new directory. With this in place, I think it will be possible to
share more files between the various architectures; in particular I
think it will be possible to use one set of code for each of the
different *-loaders, rather than requiring separate implementations for
each architecture (e.g. arch/*/elfload.c).

Thoughts/comments?