[OpenBIOS] Changing toke's default to from decimal to hex?

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Mon Apr 26 17:15:21 CEST 2010

On 4/26/10 5:00 PM, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

>> This is toke / detok update from Matthias Kapffer:
>>
>> - display-status is obsolete
>> - fix the three broken examples under toke/examples
>> - drop calls to non-existent distclean
>
> Oh that's interesting - I didn't realise people were still working on
> this. In that case, here's another quick bug report I noticed whilst
> playing with the Fcode test cases last year:

It's quite actively developed actually, the last patch was sent only in
February. ;-)

> So it seems that while openbios-unix reads/writes numbers in hex,
> toke/detok will only read/write numbers in decimal.

toke merely defaults to decimal whereas openbios defaults to hex.

You can get one or the other by using the word "hex" or "decimal" in
your code before using any numbers. This is strongly recommended in
order to keep code portable.

Now, the question is: should we change the default to "hex" in toke?

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613