[OpenBIOS] [commit] r753 - in trunk/fcode-utils-devel: . detok toke toke/examples toke/examples/scsi-sample

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon Apr 26 17:00:03 CEST 2010

repository service wrote:

> Author: stepan
> Date: Mon Apr 26 15:06:48 2010
> New Revision: 753
>
> Log:
> This is toke / detok update from Matthias Kapffer:
>
> - display-status is obsolete
> - fix the three broken examples under toke/examples
> - drop calls to non-existent distclean

Oh that's interesting - I didn't realise people were still working on
this. In that case, here's another quick bug report I noticed whilst
playing with the Fcode test cases last year:

1) Create a file test.fth containing the following:
12a u.

2) Confirm it works with openbios-unix
openbios-unix < test.fth

Welcome to OpenBIOS v1.0 built on Apr 26 2010 14:09
   Type 'help' for detailed information

[unix] Booting default not supported.

0 > 12a u. 12a  ok

3) Now try and run it through toke

./toke/toke test.fth
Welcome to toke - OpenBIOS tokenizer v1.0.2
(C) Copyright 2001-2006 Stefan Reinauer.
(C) Copyright 2006 coresystems GmbH <info at coresystems.de>
(C) Copyright 2005 IBM Corporation.  All Rights Reserved.
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License v2. This program has absolutely no warranty.

Tokenizing  test.fth   Binary output to test.fc
Error:  File test.fth, Line 1.  Word  12a  is not in dictionary.
Tokenization Completed.  1 Error.
Suppressing binary output.

4) Hmmm. Alter test.fth so it reads the following:
129 u.

5) Run it through toke again:

./toke/toke test.fth
Welcome to toke - OpenBIOS tokenizer v1.0.2
(C) Copyright 2001-2006 Stefan Reinauer.
(C) Copyright 2006 coresystems GmbH <info at coresystems.de>
(C) Copyright 2005 IBM Corporation.  All Rights Reserved.
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License v2. This program has absolutely no warranty.

Tokenizing  test.fth   Binary output to test.fc
Tokenization Completed.
toke: wrote 6 bytes to bytecode file 'test.fc'

6) It works! And now run the output back through detok:

./detok/detok test.fc

\  Invalid FCode Start Byte.  Ignoring FCode header.
b(lit) 0x81
u.
\  FCode-ender not found
\  Detokenization finished normally after 6 bytes.
Unexpected end of file.

So it seems that while openbios-unix reads/writes numbers in hex,
toke/detok will only read/write numbers in decimal.