[OpenBIOS] OpenSolaris starts to live on SPARC64

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Tue Apr 6 18:08:57 UTC 2010

Artyom Tarasenko wrote:

> it seems that make clean && make is not enough to rebuild. Or -O is
> redefined somewhere.

Normally I do the following:

rm -rf obj-sparc32
./config/scripts/switch-arch cross-sparc32
(edit obj-sparc32/Makefile to add -O0 -g)
make
cp obj-sparc32/openbios-builtin.elf.nostrip
path/to/qemu/share/openbios-sparc32

Then fire up qemu with -s -S, connect with "target remote :1234" and set
the symbols with "symbol-file openbios-builtin.elf.nostrip". Finally set
everything back in motion with "cont".

>> Secondly, you may need to try building gdb with "./configure
>> --target=sparc-linux" as the standard sparc-elf-gdb binaries caused me
>> problems with missing register sets (particularly on SPARC64 but YMMV).
>
> Yes, that was the problem. I intended to debug ufsboot, so I compiled gdb with
> --target=sparc-solaris. With sparc-linux it is working.

Excellent :)

HTH,