[OpenBIOS] OpenSolaris starts to live on SPARC64

Artyom Tarasenko atar4qemu at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 6 17:43:11 CEST 2010

2010/4/6 Mark Cave-Ayland <mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk>:
> Firstly, because you have "dev_desc=<value optimized out>" in the above
> output it means you didn't compile with -O0 rather than -Os. Hence because
> of the low level optimisations you won't be able see certain values, or a
> step may not necessarily correlate to a single line.

it seems that make clean && make is not enough to rebuild. Or -O is
redefined somewhere.

> Secondly, you may need to try building gdb with "./configure
> --target=sparc-linux" as the standard sparc-elf-gdb binaries caused me
> problems with missing register sets (particularly on SPARC64 but YMMV).

Yes, that was the problem. I intended to debug ufsboot, so I compiled gdb with
--target=sparc-solaris. With sparc-linux it is working.

--
Regards,
Artyom Tarasenko

solaris/sparc under qemu blog: http://tyom.blogspot.com/