[OpenBIOS] Cross-compiling and testing sparc64 on Mac OS X

Andreas Färber andreas.faerber at web.de
Sun Nov 29 19:32:53 CET 2009

Am 29.11.2009 um 17:12 schrieb Mark Cave-Ayland:

> Andreas Färber wrote:
>
>> Nope. Not ruling out a QEMU issue, but it's specific to sparc64 on
>> Mac OS X host.
>> I never got further on sparc64, so the errors you are discussing
>> now seemed like a leap forward. ;)
>> On Linux/amd64 I do get the OpenBIOS prompt with either 'open is
>> not unique' or 'byte-load exception' (testing Solaris 10 U3,
>> Solaris Nevada b127 and MilaX 0.3.2).
>
> Right. So if you copy the openbios binary you built under Linux/
> amd64 to your OS X host, does it work? This will tell you whether
> it's an OpenBIOS build problem or a Qemu on OS X problem.

It's probably not an OpenBIOS build problem. I was able to execute an
OSX-built OpenBIOS on Linux and OpenSolaris. Executing a Linux-built
OpenBIOS on OSX/ppc failed. Using same GCC 4.4.2 and binutils 2.20.
That still leaves OS differences, the endianness, the bitness, etc.
etc. Maybe Blue has a hunch?

Andreas