[OpenBIOS] OpenBIOS SVN r416 breaks coreboot-v3

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 10:25:03 CET 2009

Hi everyone,

Whilst playing around with openbios to try and understand how it works
on different platforms, I found that using coreboot-v3 with openbios SVN
causes openbios to panic on boot under qemu SVN. The trace can be found
here:

http://pastebin.siriusit.co.uk/coreboot-v3-panic.txt

With the help of some people on the coreboot mailing list, I've
performed an SVN bisection and found that the panic starts appearing at
r416 in openbios SVN for which the commit message can be found here:

http://lists.openbios.org/pipermail/openbios/2009-January/003401.html

However, I can't find any reference to the rationale behind the commit.
Can anyone explain further explain whether is commit is correct or not?
It would be really helpful if you could CC replies to the coreboot
mailing list to help resolve this - the original thread can be found here:

http://www.coreboot.org/pipermail/coreboot/2009-January/044462.html

Many thanks,

Mark Cave-Ayland
T: +44 870 608 0063