[OpenBIOS] [sparc64] Problematic pci at 0 and pci nodes in the device tree

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Thu Jan 22 13:01:51 CET 2009

Jakub Jermar wrote:

> I don't inspect the forth dictionaries directly because I am not strong
> in Forth. I used indirect methods like starting the sparc64 qemu without
> specifying the boot device and then manually navigating myself in the
> OpenBIOS device tree using the standard commands such as dev / ls and
> .properties.

Ah I see. Can I ask which options you are using to start
qemu-system-sparc64? If I start with "-nographic" then the system
starts, but when the boot process stops with an error, the console
freezes and I cannot manually enter forth commands.

If I use "-vnc :1" on qemu-system-sparc then when the boot fails, I can
manually type forth commands into the interpreter; however adding the
"-vnc :1" option on qemu-system-sparc64 causes it to crash on startup
for me so I cannot do the same here :(

Mark Cave-Ayland
T: +44 870 608 0063