[OpenBIOS] install/boot question

Torsten Duwe duwe at lst.de
Tue Jun 26 08:47:32 CEST 2007

[Is the list server working? I did not receive _any_ OB mail after this one.]

On Wednesday 20 June 2007, gpguard-openbios at yahoo.com wrote:
> I would assume that some sort of openbios "machine code" needs to be
> installed to the boot sector of the x86 machine in order for it to work.
> Is this correct, or am I missing something.

Well OpenBIOS is obviously some sort of ... BIOS. Ideally, you put it into a
flash ROM, or into a ROM image file for the emulator in your case. OpenBIOS
basically does not do any platform initialisation (yet), thus it's a good
companion for LinuxBIOS. You build LinuxBIOS for your (virtual) hardware and
specify OpenBIOS as payload. For testing and development, you can build an
ELF binary to be loaded directly by e.g. grub.

HTH,
	Torsten