[OpenBIOS] Sparc32 boots Linux...

Blue Swirl blueswir1 at hotmail.com
Tue May 9 19:05:36 CEST 2006

>you probably need to pass a pointer to of_client_interface in some
>register to make things work.. you might need to save the context before
>doing so, check of_client_callback in arch/ppc/start.S

The client interface is not used in Sparc32, only the last 32-bit machines
with PCI/NC machines had the interface. Qemu implements much older, but much
more common Sun4m type and there the older romvec calling system was used
instead.

On Sparc64 situation will be different, client interface is the default.

Anyway, I found out how to do the calls, for example this works:
static int obp_nextnode(int node)
{
    int peer;

    PUSH(node);
    fword("peer");
    peer = POP();
    DPRINTF("obp_nextnode(%x) = %x\n", node, peer);

    return peer;
}