[OpenBIOS] Linux progress

Blue Swirl blueswir1 at hotmail.com
Tue May 9 22:06:03 CEST 2006

I added some of the legacy OBP methods and now we get this far, the last
line is Linux output:
2 > boot disk
[sparc] Booting file 'disk' with parameters '<NULL>'
Unknown filesystem type
segment 0 addr:0x0 file:0x2780e0 mem:0x2a3828 loading... clearing...
clearing checksum... ok
Loaded 2588896 bytes
entry point is 0x4000
Jumping to entry point...
PROMLIB: obio_ranges 1

Linux makes some OBP calls, probing the device tree. For some reason, Linux
expects the CPU node to be just after the root node (or at least all nodes
before CPU must have a device_type property), or it crashes. I moved some
nodes from forth/device/tree.fs to arch/sparc32/tree.fs, but that made the
system crash at start.

Other strange thing is that if the code size increses still a bit, for
example by enabling some disabled parts, the disks won't be recognized or
there are cryptic error messages from forth startup.