[OpenBIOS] TCX fixed, SMP mode

Blue Swirl blueswir1 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 6 21:23:55 CEST 2006

I fixed the TCX mapping problem and added SMP support from Proll.

SMP is not working fully (neither was Proll), probably some problem with
Qemu. I think earlier it worked. The idea is to send a soft interrupt to a
halted CPU, which then awakes and begins execution. Now the CPU gets the
interrupt  (Qemu monitor commands info pic, info cpus confirm this) but it
does not awaken.

Now the only missing functionality that Proll had is TFTP booting support.
It could be possible to reuse Proll's slirp stack, but I'm not sure if it is
worth the trouble. In Qemu environment booting from network is not that
useful, because you can preload the kernel.

Otherwise OpenBIOS matches or exceeds Proll's capabilities. I'll propose
switching to OpenBIOS to Qemu developers.