[OpenBIOS] About BIOS

Tarl Neustaedter Tarl.Neustaedter at Sun.COM
Wed Dec 13 14:46:30 CET 2006

vasadia dharmendra wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to this field. we are developing a embedded PC based on Celeron
> PC of 1 GHZ frequency. i have following queries regarding BISO
>
> 1. If I am new, how long it takes to write BIOS for embedded PC?

I think you are on the wrong list. OpenBIOS is a project to build
Forth-based firmware to *replace* BIOS on PCs. This forth-based
firmware already exists on several non-PC platforms, including
Sun Microsystems' SPARC and Apple's & IBM's PowerPC systems.

If you're looking for BIOS, you probably won't find much here.

> 2. What knowledge is need to write BISO?
> 3. Suppose i purchase BIOS from AMI, Award or Phoenix, do i customize
> BIOS according to my Board.

In general, AMI and Phoenix are in the business of selling you
a customized BIOS after you tell them exactly what you need.
But you'll have to talk directly with them about that, not us.