[OpenBIOS] Sparc32 progress

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Thu Apr 27 00:11:46 CEST 2006

* Blue Swirl <blueswir1 at hotmail.com> [060426 22:10]:
> Maybe when not cross-compiling, but that's way too slow for me. I have
> built four different versions of cross-gcc's and while they all can
> compile, none has a working libgcc. That's why I had to remove the linking
> to libgcc and add the files. I think not using system libgcc is cleaner
> way, the same approach as taken in Linux kernel. Another solution would be
> getting rid of long long arithmetic.

I see.

Maybe we should pack that stuff in a subdirectory of those
platforms that need it.

Dropping long long arithmetics is not an option as we need 64bit integer
variables in the OpenBIOS forth kernel to comply with IEEE 1275-1994.

Going to some non-native implementation would probably be doable but it
would also make the thing unneccesarily big and slow.

> 2 > .properties
> name                      "zs"
> device_type               "serial"
> reg                       -- c : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 8
> slave                     1
> model                     "mk48t08"
> intr                      -- 8 : 0 0 0 2c 0 0 0 0
> keyboard                  1
> mouse                     1
> ok
>
> In real hardware, the zs nodes are named zs at 0,0 and zs at 0,100000. Maybe the
> address has some effect to naming?

yes, the parent node needs a decode-unit and encode-unit method. See
drivers/pci.fs

Stefan

--
coresystems GmbH · Brahmsstr. 16 · D-79104 Freiburg i. Br.
      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 · Fax: +49 761 7664613