[OpenBIOS] Interpreter and Forth Compilation

Swamy at soc-soft.com Swamy at soc-soft.com
Tue Sep 21 17:50:13 CEST 2004

Hi,

1) When I enter a command (e.g. dup) on openbios prompt,how does it get
linked to corresponding c function fdup()?
I understand that the entered command goes through the outer-interpreter
and is finally executed using forth word "execute". I am not able to
understand how this "execute" gets linked to fdup().

2) Please let me know how the forth files are compiled and executed? I
understand that all the forth source files (*.fs) are converted to
(.dict) files using "./bootstrap" executable and is linked to the
kernel. Kindly provide some input with regard to this.

Can you please provide some link/document with respect to above

Regards
Swamy