[OpenBIOS] Some thoughts on paflof.

Klaus Seegebarth kseege at t-online.de
Wed Jun 12 19:17:02 CEST 2002

Stefan Reinauer wrote:

> If you (or anyone else) wants to help, you can choose from quite a lot
> of different things to get started.

[snip...snip]

> The CVS tree contains a directory called fcode/ which contains some
> implementations of forth words already. If you find something that is
> still missing in there and in paflof, just send a mail to this list
> that you want to implement it.

> Check the Docs page for the IEEE specs before you start implementing.
>
> Feel free to ask any further questions.

Thanks for your answer.
Atleast my postings do not go to the nulldevice :-)

As i have only small knowledge of Linux and am totally unfamiliar
with CVS, maybe i am too stupid to be helpful. OTOH i am working
with various flavours of Forth and i am highly interested to use
OpenBios on embeddded controllers as base of my homebrewn RTOS.
I downloaded the paflof-tarball, but did not really understand
it, mainly because i do not know PERL. The C-Code was a bit too
complicated to be understood in half an hour, but i think i can
manage it during half a day.

Therefore my question: Is there some global description available,
which describes the design of the whole thing, or do i need to
understand everything from the sourcecode ?

If there is no such description, i am interested to write it,
just to be sure i have understood everything right. Does it
make sense to contact Segher Boessenkool directly ?

Thanks for your patience

Klaus

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de