[OpenBIOS] Some thoughts on paflof.

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Wed Jun 12 14:18:42 CEST 2002

* Klaus Seegebarth <kseege at t-online.de> [020612 12:42]:
> Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> > Hi...
> >
> > to get things to a point where smaller projects can be split off
> > OpenBIOS allowing easier and more wide-spread development, we should
> > change paflof to some point where it is usable for development...
>
> Hello Stefan,
>
> i am now making the 4th attempt to ask, if i can help with the OpenBios
> project. I never got _any_ response, so i am asking, if anybody is
> hearing me ?????????????

Sorry, seems something went wrong with me here.

If you (or anyone else) wants to help, you can choose from quite a lot
of different things to get started.

Some of the open areas are:
 * We need a PCI bus driver pretty
 * having an FCode evaluator for paflof (written in Forth)
   would be nice
 * device interface is completely unimplemented
 * lots of high level words (i.e. see) are missing

You find some additional status information on the Roadmap page
http://www.freiburg.linux.de/OpenBIOS/status/roadmap.html

The CVS tree contains a directory called fcode/ which contains some
implementations of forth words already. If you find something that is
still missing in there and in paflof, just send a mail to this list
that you want to implement it.

Check the Docs page for the IEEE specs before you start implementing.

Feel free to ask any further questions.

  Stefan

--
The x86 isn't all that complex - it just doesn't make a lot of
sense.          -- Mike Johnson, Leader of 80x86 Design at AMD
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de
http://www.freiburg.linux.de/OpenBIOS/ - free your system..