[OpenBIOS] Kickstarting a revolution ...

Stefan Reinauer stepan at openbios.net
Wed Dec 19 17:07:48 CET 2001

* Ronald G Minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> [011219 15:43]:
> let me know if your fcode could be loaded under linuxbios instead of

We're quite some time away from this approach. What we definitely have
to have is an almost complete fcode evaluator, so we can think about using
the existing fcode capable pci hardware. There are some Adaptec SCSI host
adaptors and some ATI cards that are definitely supported. A very useful thing
to have would be a list of supported hardware.
We also need at least some code on top of the evaluator, written in Forth.
This does not have to be complete to boot an OS, but it should be able to
search for expansion cards, initialize them and load the kernel or a
bootloader.
I'd really appreciate cooperation between LinuxBIOS and OpenBIOS. It does
not make sense to invent the wheel several times. Both the lowlevel
init code and the abstraction levels we are implementing now are pretty big
tasks, so having more people work on both makes perfect sense.

Best regards,
  Stefan Reinauer

--
Ok : FC RECURSIVE DUP 1 > IF DUP 1 - FC * ELSE DROP 1 THEN ; 42 FC .
-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de
http://www.freiburg.linux.de/OpenBIOS/ - free your system..