[OpenBIOS] Re: boy is EFI a kludge!

Per Jessen per.jessen at enidan.com
Wed Aug 29 00:49:30 CEST 2001

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001 14:58:20 -0600 (MDT), Ronald G Minnich wrote:

>On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Per Jessen wrote:
>
>> >Hhmmm, that's just gratuitous eye candy, no?  Besides, it's pretty trivial
>> >to replace those graphics with logos or other stuff.  I think that doing
>> >things that are new and usefull (like serial consoles) would really help
>> >get people and hardware manufacturers interested.  Imagine being able to
>> >run a server farm with no graphics cards, just a serial console and
>> >ethernet...
>
>we make it easier. We do all our admin on linuxbios clusters over
>ethernet. Serial console admin is not our idea of a good time.

Completely agree - the serial console is only handy when you have no
ethernet. We've recently moved a 16 node cluster, which caused a
couple of harddrives to give up - the serial consoles came in quite
handy.

regards,
Per Jessen

regards,
Per Jessen, Principal Engineer, ENIDAN Technologies Ltd
http://www.enidan.com - home of the J1 serial console.

Please note:  This message is intended for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed and may contain information which is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader
of this message is not the intended, or is not the employee or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
email.  Thank you.

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de