[OpenBIOS] Platform for the OPENBIOS question

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Wed Aug 22 18:33:07 CEST 2001

* Ronald G Minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> [010821 21:03]:
> On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
>
> > In fact, not having an Open Firmware compliant ROM on a PCI adapter breaks
> > compliance to the PCI standard, which makes total sense.
>
> stefan, doesn't that make every vga card out there a violator? does any
> good graphics hardware have fcode in the rom for init?

My (up to now quite theoretical) idea to solve this was to have a small
int10 emulation. Scitech's free x86emu does this with very little code
(the base functionality is not even 10k of C code). Defining FCode words
for this and calling it from within a framebuffer driver wrapper should
not be too hard.

  Best regards,
      Stefan

--
Mad, adj.:
        Affected with a high degree of intellectual independence.
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de