[OpenBIOS] Platform for the OPENBIOS question

Martin Roth martinr at ia.nsc.com
Wed Aug 22 10:20:54 CEST 2001

It doesn't look to me like the pci spec says that Open firmware is required.

>From the pci 2.2 spec:
6.3. PCI Expansion ROMs
The PCI specification provides a mechanism where devices can provide expansion RPM
code that can be executed for device-specific initialization and, possibly, a system boot
function...

6.3.1. PCI Expansion ROM Contents
PCI device expansion ROMs may contain code (executable or interpretive) for multiple
processor architectures.....

This all says to me that you can provide one, multiple, or no roms in your pci adapter.

martin