[OpenBIOS] Problem with 256K BIOS build

Wallace I. Kroeker WallaceKroeker at smarttech.com
Wed Feb 16 11:48:19 CET 2000

Hello,

I have the OpenBIOS working for both 64K and 128K builds.  However, when I
try to do the 256K I get nothing.

I came across some documentation that claims that "32KB of BIOS expansion
range from 0C0000H to 0C8000H is typically reserved for the video BIOS
expansion ROM"  (source is M-Systems DiskOnChip 2000 data sheet).  If this
is true then how do you fit the 256K bios in the system as we will need the
range from C0000H all the way up to FFFFH and manage to avoid a collision
with the video BIOS expansion ROM.

I am using loadbios for testing and have sucked out the BIOS that comes with
my system.  This works fine.  However, the OpenBIOS build of 256 doesn't.

Any ideas on what we need to do?

Wallace

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de