[OpenBIOS] linuxbios release

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Mon Apr 24 12:36:06 CEST 2000

OK, I got the release today. I have to put copyright notices in some
things and then I can put it on the web page.

I am going to put out the "very pre-alpha" version. This is clearly not
ready for prime-time use, and you really need to have an ICE to get work
done. But I believe getting something on the page is better than any more
waiting. Please don't mess with this thing unless you're set up to do
so. You need a way to burn the NVRAM, you need an ICE, and you need some
expertise -- this isn't a red hat install!

I was hoping to put out a full booting version but PCI is being a pain. I
want to get it configured in a way that works long term. It really does
seem that 2.3.99pre5 is just about there in being able to set up pci, but
it has a few bugs yet. I am pursuing fixing those bugs.

ron

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de