Making a BIOS on my own...

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Mon Mar 8 20:47:00 CET 1999

Hi Niklas,

> I just thought I'd post a note on way I've decided to work on a BIOS of m=
> own. The main reason is that we are getting no where. It's not that I
> don't want to be a part of OpenBIOS, rather on the contrary.

This is a clear mistake of mine. I didn't do anything for OpenBIOS quite a
long time now.=20

> But every
> time I come up with some suggestion, atleast a couple of people will poin=
> of how wrong I am, and the result is that we stand still. I find this ver=
> frustration, since I feel that we should act now so we can have working
> BIOS in half a year or so. No one will be happy by us sitting here
> arguing without reaching anywhere.

True. The problem I see is that we are so far at the beginning that we
have no clear way to go for now but a lot of ideas and understandings of
things.

> The greatest problem I see is that we
> have no real (active) leader, that could take decissions for us and say
> that this is how we are going to do it, now move!.

Hmm.. I see this problem. I will do this from now on an I'd like to have
anyone who could take this when I am unreliable because of my work.

Regards,
=09Stefan

--=20
SuSE GmbH                                       Can you afford *NOT*
Schanz=E4ckerstr. 10                                     to use Linux?
D-90443 N=FCrnberg                 =09
Germany                         =09=09=09AlphaPowered