New Code :-)

Achim Dominik Brucker brucker at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Sun Nov 15 00:11:49 CET 1998

Hi,
On Sat, Nov 14, 1998 at 08:25:32PM +0100, daniel.engstrom at riksnett.no wrote:
> On 13 Nov, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> > I thought about building something like an eprom simulator which can be
> > plugged into the bios socket of a board and to the parallel port of
> > another computer which just holds a file with the bios image. This would
> > make defelopment and testing *quite* faster. Has anyone experiences with
> > this or does anyone know whether there are ready, cheap solutions for
> > this?
> I know they exist. A one Mbit version costs about $500 here. They can
> be bough from DanBit http://www.danbit.dk (Danish languge pages only) A
> friend of mine is thinking of designing one for other reasons, he can
> be found at http://www2.e.kth.se/~e92_jre/ .
it's the same here in Germany. A eprom simulator up to 512kB costs about
600,-DM (around $400), there is also a do it yourself kit
(simulates up to 128kByte) for 200,-DM (around $125).

They both need the PC only for programming, after that they can work
independent. On the other hand, a quick hack couldn't be that
difficult (thinking of an 8255, timing ?).

Achim
Achim Brucker, brucker at uni-freiburg.de brucker at freiburg.linux.de
http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~brucker
for pubic-key send email with subject: public-key

 -- Henry Spencer