[OpenBIOS] Introduction

Pavel Machek pavel at atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz
Tue Mar 3 13:15:50 CET 1998

Hi!

> Concerning Microsoft OS's and Bios, at least in the case of Win95, I
> have it on pretty good authority that the OS uses *none* of the Bios
> functions. This is documented in "Unauthorized Windows 95" and confirmed
> by the VP of engineering at Award Software.  What I got from my

Not true.Windows 95 do not use bios in full 32-bit mode. But they are
able to fall back to bios mode, and they do it quite often. (Load
hyperdisk accelator to try).

								Pavel

--
Do *NOT* buy software, GNU software is better and free!		Pavel
GCM d? s-: !g p?:+ au- a--@ w+ v- C++@ UL+++ L++ N++ E++ W--- M- Y- R+

---
OpenBIOS -- http://www.linkscape.net/openbios/
openbios-request at linkscape.net   Body: un/subscribe