[OpenBIOS] Hi.

Pascal Dornier pdornier at pcengines.com
Sat Feb 28 22:01:09 CET 1998

Benjamin Scott wrote:

>  I suspect that, for onboard IDE chipsets, the IDE BIOS support code is
>not part of (for example) Award's code, but something imported from the
>chipset manufacturer and co-existing with the Award code.  If so, we
>might be able to use that same code block.  Anyone know for sure?

This code is owned by the BIOS vendor. Most of the hardware specific
code is in the transfer rate configuration registers. The actual
operating code is most likely very generic, at most using 32 bit
data transfers rather than 16 bit.

Pascal Dornier   pdornier at pcengines.com     http://www.pcengines.com
Your Spec      + PC Engines            = Custom Embedded PC Hardware

---
OpenBIOS -- http://www.linkscape.net/openbios/
openbios-request at linkscape.net   Body: un/subscribe
Problems?  dcinege at psychosis.com