[flashrom] Flash T500

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Mon May 21 13:30:22 CEST 2018

Hi,

On 21.05.2018 11:04, Jan Zuber wrote:
> I did it like in the video.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyxgYnOcsTw
>
> The reading of the original ROM worked.
>
> Now the laptop was lying around longer and I tried again with the command:
>
> flashrom -p linux_spi: dev = / dev / spidev0.0, spispeed = 128 * -w *
> name of libreboot rom * -V -c * bios chip name *
>
> And it has been verified.

If flashrom says "VERIFIED", it's job is done.

> Only now I have a black screen, the fan is short and nothing else happens.

You should talk to libreboot folks then. The image might be incompatible
with your hardware or maybe you did something wrong when preparing the
image.

Well, one idea I have left: You could return to the vendor BIOS, verify
that everything works and then flash libreboot only without disabling
the ME. For this you should add these options to your flashrom command:
  --ifd -i bios
This way, it would only flash the BIOS part.

Nico

PS. Please always keep the mailing list in CC.