[flashrom] Thinkpad T420

Ivan Ivanov qmastery16 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 16:39:36 CET 2018

Sorry for late reply. Yes, it looks like your connection is bad.
Try using the shorter wires, and hopefully of a good quality
( e.g. pure copper wires could be 1.5 longer than the cheap aluminium wires
and still have the same conductivity given the same internal thickness )

You have mentioned that you have updated the Bus Pirate firmware.
To what version did you upgrade? I always recommend upgrading
to the latest Bus Pirate community firmware (the old official one is dead)
You could obtain it here - https://github.com/BusPirate/Bus_Pirate

Alternatively, you may try a $3 very cheap CH341A USB programmer,
which is also supported by flashrom project and has a much simpler hardware,
i.e. it does not have the internal firmware, just a tiny EEPROM of 20
or 32 bytes size +
8 bit CFG register. The board of CH341A usb programmer is small and
extremely simple,
and the simplicity could be a key to success

Best regards,
Ivan