[flashrom] Flashing MX 25L12873F on MSI board via Raspberry Pi SPI

Ivan Ivanov qmastery16 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 20:28:37 CET 2018

Using the raspberry for BIOS flashing is an overkill IMHO.
You could use a much simpler USB programmer CH341A,
which is supported by flashrom and costs peanuts ( $2-$3 )

The dedicated tools are usually more reliable than "all-in-one"
Its just maybe your problem is RPi specific and not flashrom related
If you have had another supported programmer, it would have been
easier to triangulate an error

Best regards,
Ivan Ivanov