[flashrom] [announce] flashrom 1.0

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Wed Jan 3 19:05:59 CET 2018

Hi Ivan,

sorry for ignoring you earlier. Adding more features to 1.0 was out of
the question. It was branched about two months ago and every new feature
should hit our master branch first.

On 03.01.2018 13:34, Ivan Ivanov wrote:
> Please tell - are there any real reasons why the Paul Kocialkowski's
> KB9012 support patches
> still cannot be merged?

Yes, Paul answered that...

> It is very discouraging - after 2 years of
> waiting to not see them at 1.0

It is indeed. There are also unmerged patches that are nearly 8 years
old... (not to mention patches in forks of flashrom). But things might
get better in the future. At least everything currently pushed to gerrit
gets a review. And I'm working on cleaning up old patches on patchwork
as well.

> Is there any way to get these patches merged, and maybe re-tag the
> flashrom 1.0 release ?

No, not really. And it doesn't matter, IMHO. The purpose of this release
was to release a stable state of what was merged already. There will be
a next release and hopefully many after that.

Nico