[flashrom] [announce] flashrom 1.0

Paul Kocialkowski contact at paulk.fr
Wed Jan 3 15:18:43 CET 2018

Hi,

Le mercredi 03 janvier 2018 à 15:34 +0300, Ivan Ivanov a écrit :
> Please tell - are there any real reasons why the Paul Kocialkowski's
> KB9012 support patches
> still cannot be merged? It is very discouraging - after 2 years of
> waiting to not see them at 1.0
> Is there any way to get these patches merged, and maybe re-tag the
> flashrom 1.0 release ?

We have been discussing about the future of these patches and they
cannot be accepted as-is today. Mostly, Nico was worried that issuing
SPI commands for the EDI protocol might cause some chips to misbehave if
these commands have another signification. I think this is a valid
concern.

We agreed that one way to solve this would be to create groups for
probing, e.g. one with jedec-compliant chips (default) and one for ene
chips, so that only one group is probbed at the same time.

I did not have the time to implement this idea yet, so it will block
kb9012 inclusion for now. If you'd like to go ahead and implement this
feature, I'd be happy to review your patches!

Cheers,

Paul