[flashrom] HP WX9400 Workstation Mainboard flash

Joel I. Oelsner joel_oelsner at fastmail.fm
Wed Aug 8 15:11:20 CEST 2018

Hello,
I've bought a HP wx9400 workstationboard - In acutallity it's a Tyan
S2915-E. So my problem is: HP have flashed a special hp bios and pflash
from Phoenix does not allow you to flash the vanilla tyan bios. The
board has a SST49LF080A  chip, so in theory flashrom should work - would
be my guess. So my question is: do I just rom flashrom -p internal -w
s2915.rom?, or is there anything else I have to do before flashing a
phoenix bios(except a backup). furthermore I don't think the mainboard
chipset is not supported - the chipset is a NVIDIA NFP3600 / NFP3050 .
best regards